Do you know what to do with old glasses? Old glasses can be a nuisance if you don’t want to waste money on new ones, or if you just don’t have enough time to get around to getting new glasses. In this article, we’ll show you some easy ways to get rid of old glasses without having to discard them or recycle them.
There may come a time when you no longer need your old glasses. Maybe they got lost in the mail, or you upgraded to a new pair. Whatever the case may be, you probably don’t want to just toss them out – Broken Glass can help!
Broken Glass accepts old glasses for recycling, and will provide you with a free mailing label to send them in. All you need to do is drop off your glasses at any of their locations across the country. Broken Glass will then recycle them into new glass products, like tableware and flooring. This helps reduce junk in landfills, and helps keep our environment clean. Thanks, Broken Glass!
Create a Glass recycling container
There are a few different ways to recycle old glasses. One way is to make a glass recycling container. You can buy or make a plastic or metal box that is about the same size as a regular waste bin and cut a hole in the top for the stem of the glasses to fit through. Make sure that the edges of the box are securely sealed so that scraps do not fall into the recycling container and contaminate it. Place your recycling container in a public place where people can drop off their old glasses.
Donate Broken Glass to a Good Cause
One way to dispose of old glasses is to donate them to a good cause. There are many organizations that can use broken glass to help make a difference in the world. Glasses can be donated to an environmental organization, a charity that provides eyeglasses to those in need, or even a recycling center. Whatever the cause, donating old glasses makes sure that the material is used in a beneficial way.
Recycle Broken Glass with a Local Glass Recycling Company
Broken glasses can be a nuisance, but they can also be a potential resource for local glass recycling companies. If you’re looking to recycle broken glasses, here are a few tips to get started:
- Choose a recycling company that specializes in broken glass. This will ensure that your broken glass gets used in the most efficient way possible.
- Make sure to clean your broken glasses before bringing them in. This will help reduce the amount of labor required at the recycling company.
- Be sure to include all pieces of the broken glass when bringing them in. This will help speed up the process and ensure that your glass is used as efficiently as possible.
Use Broken Glass in Art Projects
When old glasses start to accumulate, there are a few options for what to do with them. You can recycle them into new pieces of glass or use them in art projects. One way to recycle old glasses is to turn them into a glass mosaic. Cut small pieces of the old glasses and glue them onto a piece of smooth glass. Then, use a hot glue gun to attach the other pieces of glass around the mosaic. Allow the mosaic to cool and then finish it off with a clear sealant.
Another option is to create stained glass using broken pieces of old glasses. Start by cutting small pieces of broken glass and then heating them up in a oven until they are melted. Once they are melted, add the broken pieces to a pot of soapy water and stir until they are coated. Then, dry the pieces off and add them to your project.
Save Broken Glass Pieces as Pennies or Other Collectibles
If you have any broken glasses lying around, you can turn them into pennies or other collectibles. Here are some tips on how to do this:
1. Look for objects that are similar in shape and size to old glasses. For example, copper coins or small beads would work well.
2. Use a pair of pliers to grab the broken pieces of glass and twist them until they form a tight fit. Make sure that the ends of the pieces are connected so that they form an uneven surface.
3. Once the pieces are shaped, use a drill to create a hole in the center of each one. This will allow you to attach the pieces with a string or wire.
4. Hang the collectibles on a wall or place them in a jar or container. They make great souvenirs from travels or events!
If you’re lucky enough to have a few pairs of glasses lying around that you no longer use, there are plenty of things you can do with them. You can give them away as gifts, store them in a drawer or box, or recycle them. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your old glasses:
1. Give Them Away As Gifts
One of the best ways to get rid of old glasses is to give them away as gifts. Not only will recipients love getting something special, but they’ll also be grateful for the help in decluttering their homes. If you’re not sure what kind of gift to give, consider something like a reusable eyeglass case or sunglasses stand.
2. Store Them In A Drawer Or Box
Another great option is to simply store your old glasses in a drawer or box where they’re easily accessible and visible. This way, it’s easier for you to grab a pair when you need them and nobody ends